Focus

I hadn't realized how long it has been since I posted on this blog. I guess I spend too much time at my school blog. But a nephew of mine posted on Facebook about being lost and maybe disillusioned after his first year in college. I replied to him that I perfectly understood where he was coming from and that I had been their myself.

But in reality most young people don't listen to older folk, I know I don't. Maybe that's the reason I'm nearly fifty and still in school. Anyway it got me to thinking about my focus and determination. At this point I'm unemployed, poor, and in school. So far my education has paid off only in what it has given me personally. More determination, goal setting, completing tasks, and a much better perceptive about who I am and what I can do. And in a way, that is a lot.

I would guess that now that I'm very close to completing school (five courses). I should double up my affords to seek the right fit for my future career. To rethink my goals and needs to think about where me and my family are going. Sometimes it's OK to stop and "smell the flowers". But at some point you have to focus on your goals. And if that means overcoming some obstacles and fears, then so be it. Isn't that what I'm been doing for three years now?  

It's about time for me to go. I need to sitdown and get the house back in order. Make myself a plan and steer this bus to where it needs to go. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze