Repeating Myself

I don't remember if I have ever mentioned this or not but it amazes me how people deal with messages and emails. In today's business setting you do a lot of communicating through messages and email. You don't always get to sit across the table with your fellow co-workers. Most of the time I end up never seeing my co-workers on a project. And since I deal with people across varied time zones, I rarely even get to speak to them on the phone. Messaging and emails are our lifeline for the project.

I question then is, why do some people have trouble understanding written down instructions or even reading messages? I have had a number of situations were co-workers are sent notes and/or instructions that everyone can plainly see. Yet they turn around and ask what is going on. How many times do you need to resend instructions for someone to comprehend them? I mean we have had messaging for 30 years and nearly every business I'm involved in outsources work. So why do some people need someone to stand over them to get them to understand what needs to be done?

I know that this blog is life beyond the keyboard, still how to these people operate in 2012? It's things like this that amaze me and make me wonder how anything ever gets done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze