Goal!

I'm not much of a Soccer (futbol) fan, but I do remember the game announcer who was famous for saying "GOOOAAAALLLL" when someone would score. Which I guess is great considering those high scoring "nail bitters" they usually have after 4 hours of play (Sorry soccer fans, but to each their own).  

But you know if you think about it, life is a lot like that. Meaning you run down the field of life kicking and positioning yourself to score that elusive goal. Understanding that, the point I want to make is, although we get a bit tried running back and to trying to make those goals. It's not so much the goal itself that's important. (Because more often than not, we miss.) It's the idea of having a goal that's important. 

As you may have figured from my blogs, I've been on a bit of a healing / rediscovery journey myself. Which is okay, because at some point each one of us has to do that. I think what brought on some of my stress and downtime was the fact that I was pushing myself too hard to make goals. I was not taking care of the equipment, so I was forced to stop. 

It was during this time, I had to do some rethinking. So while I was cooling the engines, I looked back to reflect on the goals I had completed, and on what the next set of goals needed to be. Right now the plan isn't perfect, but that doesn't mean I can't start going again. 

So I guess in my round about way, what I'm saying is goals are good, hell goals are great. Just make sure that they are your goals. And even though you may miss the net every so often, it doesn't mean you are a failure. It simple means you learn from it and start kicking to your next goal.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze