Teach Them & They Will Not Stray

As both a team leader and as a parent, the way you teach both doesn't differ a whole lot. For one, both are looking to you as a leader and they are watching what you do. Rather we know it or not the people we lead and the ones we raise observe and learn from us. It's just that a lot of the time we don't notice it. 

The thing that brought this fact to light for me was my resent illness. You see, I pretty much depend on myself for most personal things. But when I was down on my back, there wasn't a second thought from my adult children when it come to helping and taking care of things while "pop" was out of the game, so to speak. It's not that I thought they wouldn't help. It's just nice to see some of the values you worked to teach them, being put to good use.

The same can be said for work teams. If you work to instill good core values and display those values in the way you work. You can be pleasantly surprised at how those values grow and spread throughout the team. 

I guess my point here is, as a leader whatever values you put out, are the values you will get in return. So be mindful of yourself and how you act among those who look up to you. By keeping our own moral compass in the right direction. We may inadvertently create a whole new generation of fine outstanding young people. So when you teach them, they will not stray. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living