What I Learned While Flat on My Back

Sorry, I haven't been on lately, but I had a good excuse. Until yesterday evening I was in the hospital being poked and tested every way you can think of and more. No stone was left unturned you can say, and no part left unexplored. But the good news is I'm feeling much better and while I have a ways to go before we beat this, I have the upper hand.

But you know, while laying flat on our back, you get time to think. To think about where you are, where you have been, and where you want to go. During that time while the IV's drip and blood samples drawn, you can ask yourself the hard questions. Questions about how you got here and how you can get out. About mortality and your place in the world, and if you left it just a little bit better. 

To many I'm one person when seen face to face. Yet when working behind the pen, I can be someone quite different. So while I crack a joke to lighten the mood of the moment. I can find myself just as scared as those I love. But underneath the fear springs up an optimism that I've developed over the years with each victory. That tell me while the light is still below the horizon, the fact is, it is there waiting to rise.

I guess my message here is, when you find yourself at a point of reflection, don't be afraid of the hard questions. Because it maybe easier when your forced to stop, to question if the direction you're heading is the right one.    




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living