If it Ain't One Thing it's Ten

It's Labor Day morning and I debated posting this story. I mean some things are best left to yourself. But after reading it again, I said "what the hell". If it works as a teaching moment or it just gives you a good laugh at my expense, then my job is done.

I was typing away when everything I typed disappeared? Oh well, like my grandma used to say, "if it ain't one thing it's ten." Anyway as I was typing, I woke up with some really bad heartburn yesterday morning. Since I was up, I checked my class email. In it I found my grade from the previous weeks assignment. Mind you, I have to maintain a 3.0 average to graduate. Needless to say the assignment dropped my GPA to 2.89, with one week left. 

My heart dropped and a major panic attack came on, along with my raging heartburn. To make this long sad story shorter, I ended up calling an ambulance. The good news is, two more emergency workers know I have panic disorder. Plus I found out I wasn't having a heart attack, just acid reflux. But here's the really weird part.

After the EMT's and their bright shiny lights left the neighborhood, I considered just quitting the class right then and there. I had 3 assignments to finish up by Monday, why cause myself anymore pain or grief? But after a few hours of rest and a good pity party, I got up completed my paper, have half way finished my PowerPoint presentation, and have just one 750 word commentary to complete. 

Don't ask me why, maybe I'm just crazy this way now. Because not too many years ago, I would have ran and quit at the drop of a hat. Now despite the doctor visits, the panic, the agoraphobia, the sleepless nights, the telling perfect strangers overseas my sad, sad tales, and now my burning chest. I'm still trying to finish this course with no guarantee I'll even graduate. 

I hope you see the humor in this, I'm still trying too. I suppose the point should be, even without the diploma I've worked 3 years for, I finished what I started. And that should be reward enough, even though it doesn't pay the student loans.

It will be a few weeks before I get the official word rather I graduated. But I will past the class, which is victory enough for this course. Right now I'm going to try and get a little sleep before finishing up my class work, So to all you reading this, Good Night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze