Flushing the Noise


Another summer morning babysitting George again. All the swelling in my belly has my back hurting, so I pulled out my daughter’s back massager working on that. George is pouting, because I won’t let him finish chewing up the plastic he pulled out of his toy. I thought I had quit raising youngins years ago…I guess I was wrong. At least he’s quit brooding now, because he’s back over here now laying across my feet.

It is so deadly silent in this house. At home Lisa or someone has the TV or something going all the time. At the moment all I can hear is the massage pad humming and George sighing because he’s bored. But, I kinda like bored. It’s beats the alternative of hearing nothing but noise. Now don’t get me wrong, I love and appreciate my family. But every once in a while, it would be nice to not have someone barge through my door while I’m working. Apparently, they missed the class on knocking.  

But for some people they live for the noise, they can’t stand the silence. I remember decades ago I was the same way, I thrived on noise. The adrenaline rush of the panic blocked out all the negativity I was feeling. It wasn’t till my mental breakdown that I realized I needed the silence. I needed to hear those negative cries for help. You see, there is no other way to heal the cut unless you address the wound. I’ve been experiencing a lot of noise lately. So today is a good day to listen and flush out the toxins that are still plaguing my mind. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Focus on Living

Old Baptist