Juggler


It’s 5:19 in the morning, I’ve been up a little less than an hour. I slept well considering the problems I’ve had lately. Getting use to the new found reality of lacking a body part is tedious at best. But we muddle through. It’s seems the surgery team spend a great deal of time preparing for the surgery.  But precious little time with the true after effects.

My gastroenterologist hasn’t called or set-up a follow up for after the procedure. I sort of get the impression they are done with me. I mean I like the team alright, but they are the worst jugglers I’ve ever seen. Never able to keep more than one ball in the air. But a long time ago, I learned you got to keep up with your own shit, when it comes to your health. So I check my own vitals, take my medications, and back up all my own medical records with peer-reviewed research. Yes, I’m one of those patients.  

I know this sounds rather boring and I’m sure you give up looking for inspiration after the first paragraph. But I suppose the logical side of my brain is in charge today. The thing is, if you don’t take care of you, then who? Awareness is an attribute that seldom does you wrong. Take time out of your day to get to know yourself. If something doesn’t feel right, it’s probably not. So be in good health and remember to practice your juggling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Blowing Breeze

Focus on Living