Nothing But Rain


Worry and fear have taken over my mind of late. My usual escapes music, reading, and mindfulness; don’t seem to be helping. So I get my rest where I can, in naps and mindless web surfing. But in those silent hours of the night, I find myself awake and exhausted, just like the “good old days”.

I’m afforded a lot of free time due to my physical and mental condition. But the exhaustion and fatigue are still real. I’m a pretty good actor when it comes to putting up a front and being “happy-go-lucky”. But the mental strain is still very real and getting harder and harder to disguise.

I write this for all of you that understand. Who live each day in dread of the next. Hope can sound very empty when the lights are out and you’re all alone. Still it’s funny, knowing all the answers and all the snap out of it cures. But all that feels so meaningless when the clouds overhead show nothing but rain.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Focus on Living

From Myself