Overwhelmed? The Best Advice.

One of my favorite subjects is discussing how situations can over take us. It's a timely subject because most of us seem to be getting piled on more and more at work, by family, and by life in general. Well this past week would qualify as being overwhelming for me. I got slammed by work, then there are problems at home (mostly with things backing up), and then of course there was school. No matter what direction I turned, there was a problem to solve. 

So while we are all in the same overwhelming boat, I have discovered a life preserver or two you may want to use. For one stop. Allow yourself some time to breathe deeply and assess the situation. Because the life you save maybe your own. Before jumping in with both feet, create a plan. Too many times I find myself jumping in and by the time I get the fire put out, I've wasted some serious resources and man-hours. Lastly, go in with both eyes open, taking in the whole situation leaving nothing to chance. This happened to me recently, where I "assumed" something was being done, leaving me to discover someone didn't dot their I's or cross their T's. 

What I'm laying out here isn't anything new, and it sure as hell isn't rocket science. It's just plain common sense. Still as you can see from the above, even the one passing out advice could read a few of these himself. So don't let this life overwhelm you. Leave enough of yourself to give to the ones who really deserve it. Maybe that's the best advice of them all.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze