What Others Think

I got some news from a family member about something exciting is going on in their business and personal life. I had known about a niche' market they worked in their business for some time. But recently news took their specialty and is bringing it to national attention.

For me personally I was happy for them. I know first hand they have worked hard to get where they are and couldn't be happier. I guess the thing that concerns me is, with this being made known nationally, how will it affect their business positive or negative. My hope is that all this was thought out and that the powers to be show that rules are followed and that this is a business transaction like any other. 

I guess the boarder picture for me is, how much of a support system is needed to help you pursue your dreams? Most everyone has a dream, but to pursue it most of us need a support system to encourage and push us along. That said, what if your dream doesn't a line with what others thought your path would be. What if your dream follows a different moral path or varies from your customs norms? 

Now isn't to say you that your path is illegal or totally unethical, it's just a different direction from your social norm. In my own life I've been known to stray down some usual paths. And, I have worked positions that my parents weren't so proud of. At other times I dedicated myself to pursue dreams that others thought were impractical and far reaching. Still, I put the voices of dissent behind me and carried my dreams to there full development.

But what about those who you want to accept you. What if after years of work the ones who you look to for praise we not there? Could it be that what you are doing is simply looking for love that wasn't there in the first place? 

I may be floating a bit off topic, but when you see a dream you wish to fulfill, whose approval do you need the most? Whose desire are you really fulfilling? These and other questions you have to ask yourself at some point while marching toward your goal. 

I guess my point here is, just like the above family member's dream is now baring real fruit for them, I should be doing same. Even though no ones peeked over the fence to see my fruit, I know it's there. That with even limited praise and encouragement, I can still look at the sunrise and see your dreams.      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze