Doesn't Mean You Should

The full title of this post was going to be, just because you can say something stupid, doesn't mean you should. If I had wrote all that, then there wouldn't have been a point to the blog now would there? Still, for us whom are not at a loss for words, it can be sage advice. 

In my 50+ ages of life on this earth, I've put my foot in my mouth way more times than I'd care to repeat. Maybe that's why I feel much more focused when I write because, it slows me down and condenses my thoughts to  readable sentences. Instead of the hog wash that mostly flows from hearing my own self speak. But that said,  I continue on and on. 

But for many out there the urge to say or write things we really shouldn't, is an idea that's lost on us. Now I don't mean to trample on anyones first amendment right to speak their mind. Still as the long title to this states, just because can, doesn't mean you should. Words spoken out of anger are usually met with words spoken in anger. The same holds true for words spoken out of insults and ignorance. 

I guess the thing is when you feel provoked to say something you won't repeat publicly, then maybe you shouldn't. Or maybe I should say, think before you speak. It could get us all in a lot less trouble including myself.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze