Pushing to Tomorrow

You ever hear yourself say, "today was bad, but tomorrow it'll get better." You can look at that sentence two ways. First, as an optimistic statement that the next day things will be better. Or second you can say, I'm giving on this day, I'll do better tomorrow, which to me sounds a little defeatist.  To be honest with you, I have spent way too many days doing both; looking for a brighter tomorrow or simply giving up on the day. 

To tell you the truth, either one of those ideas has showed me much promise and here's why. To go through a bad day and hope for a better tomorrow sounds optimistic, but in reality it's not much better then giving up. I've said both of these things way too many times only to end up with tomorrow turning into the previous day, bad. 

You see you have to look at the moment you are living in and no matter what you see, do your best to get something out of the day. You know, there have been times when I've said, "I quit, tomorrow's got to be better." But when tomorrow comes I only end up facing that same wall of looking for the next moment I did yesterday. 

If you step back for a minute and say to yourself, "Alright, this isn't working, what can I do now to salvage the rest of right now?" With that mind set you not only improve the situation at the moment. But, you eliminate the need for better tomorrows because, you are making the most of what you have today. 

While this all may sound like double-speak, the simple point is to make what you can out of each day. Because putting your effort off till tomorrow is really giving up on the here and now. So don't give up.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze