Maybe I Shouldn't Say

Like most of you, I'm having a pretty loaded day. Working on research for my class finals and putting the final touches on a marketing plan, have left my head spinning a bit. Well I stopped for a moment to find myself (I think it fell on the floor and rolled under the desk) and checked my emails. 

As some of you may have figured out I meditate and practice mindfulness, which if your browser catches wind of it. It notifies every site that practices some form of mental focus (see the money, be the money), access to your email account. Today was not a good day to load my inbox with "hocus focus" junk, still there it was. Nearly every guru with an plan promising me eternal joy and wealth if I subscribe sitting there staring at me.  

Please, don't get me wrong. From my own life journey I've discovered taking a moment to be in the here and now refocuses you to what is going. That obsessing about the past or future only cloud your mind to the task at hand. I guess the thing that ills me most is the "over that horizon is the promise land, if you buy my DVD's mentality", that does nothing but fill people hope, only to empty their wallets.

Now I maybe hypocritical here, by the fact that my blog has ads (Or I think it does?). But believe me after 250+ posts I only made about three cents, seriously. So that money is not my motivation. And to be honest, I don't mind people trying to make a living. I guess my hostility comes from my religious background seeing real hypocrisy at work. Which would be another blog for another time.

Maybe I shouldn't say anything, but I just believe that if you have a gift you should share it, freely. Maybe it's just the liberal, hippy wanna-be in me that says that? It's just that for me, finding a good place was a journey I needed to walk and search for, not find compacted in a six CD set for $129.95 for a check, credit card, or money order. 
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze