That New Keyboard Smell



A few months ago my trusty old laptop bit the dust, losing all the data I had on it. While I did save some things to the cloud, a lot of personal notes and pictures simply got lost. I replaced the laptop with a refurbished desktop (in part because I’m cheap, but mostly because I’m broke). And the keyboard that came with it was an old school “clackers” with the keys so high I was constantly hitting the wrong keys. So you oldest kid getting tired of hearing me complain about that damn keyboard went ahead and ordered me a new one.

After a week of waiting the little booger finally came in this morning. It’s smaller than the one that came with the PC, but it has a similar feel to my laptop. The keys are low and spaced few enough apart to keep my fat fingers from striking two keys at once. It’s not perfect, but it sure as hell bets the old one.

A lot of times we put up with stuff that simply makes our lives miserable. Annoyances that in our perfect little worlds that are a chore to put up with. In my world the annoyance was that little keyboard. I don’t think it would take each of us very long to make a list of the things that annoy us. I know for me I raddle them off every day, just ask my oldest. Life puts a lot of pressure on us all as it is, allowing silly little things to pile on top of that is nonsense.

It would be simple enough for me to say, “Just let it go”; but if I said that to the right person, I’d probably get a chair thrown at me. To avoid the occasional chair toss the smart thing to do would be to make things better for yourself. There are too many constructive ways to fix life’s little imperfections. If it’s something within you look for support to break the habit and create healthier ones. If it’s a piece of equipment or an interoffice procedure, speak up and work to fix the problem. 

Mumbling and complaining about something usually doesn’t get things done as well as having an open dialog about it. Voicing your concerns at a civil tone should make the case for change stronger. Don’t allow other people or things distract you from the goals you have set for yourself. Take the time to compose yourself and take the higher ground to solving the issue.  

If you enjoy my postings on this blog, checkout my other work on my website: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze