Makes Me Human

It’s funny how on a day that has been such a chore. One little spark of kindness can make it all worthwhile. We spend the majority of our modern lives so angry. Angry at the world. Angry at other people. Even angry at ourselves. Especially ourselves. I’ve discussed before how in “real life” I am often very cynical, and downright unpleasant to be around. I know that might make me sound hypocritical to my persona. But to me it just makes me human.

Anyway, I didn’t have a particularly good day. So wisely I mostly stayed out of public view. But I was checking my messages and low and behold a friend from halfway across the world, sent me a sincere note of gratitude. Mind you this particular person has been struck down with some unfair shit. Still in his time of pain and suffering, he sends “me” a thank you note. Needless to say, I was humbled.

We can touch the world around us in positive or negative ways. I’m not much on “higher powers”, but within each of us is the capacity to love or hate. Unfortunately most of us are choosing hate. I know all too well that planting and watering good seed reaps a good harvest. While neglect will reap you a garden full of weeds. That do nothing but choke out the life around them. So be mindful and plant good seed. But know the world is in pain and often we can lose our way. But know forgiveness and gratitude are also part of who we are. In fact they are the qualities that us most human.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze