The Sun Silently Sets

I don’t want to be so angry, pointing out every fault, every flaw. Yet I can’t seem to stop myself from this utter misery. But the alternative would be earth shattering, sending ripples through the fabric of it all. So I look out over the water as the sun silently sets. Drowning me in the waves I so freely took on. Yet can I be human for just a moment and wish to be free.

We speak of love as some great savor, but after a while it feels like a noose draw tighter over time. I don’t wish to think this way. But my heart is grasping at threads to find a solution. A solution that has yet to be found. So I rest my mind thinking deeper thoughts, but a lack of focus “makes Jack a dull boy”.

So I pull myself again from this drowning pool. Focusing on the blessings of life, those momentary distractions that distract me no more. For all the victims have been saved and I’m left by the water with nothing left to do. So maybe I should focus on myself, but that’s not something I can completely do. When the pulling of the chain calls me back again.

Are there enough sunsets left to see? Or am I merely fooling myself with this endless faith, hope, and love? I wish I could ignore the questions, but I am long past that point. So as the night robs me of peace. I dream, dreams of other shores, while I drown myself in these emotions. That only one particular source can fill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze