Another Boring Day


It’s getting hard to focus anymore, I’m just starved for a little silly conversation. I’m just tired of talking about whatever ailment I have today. But after a light shower just passed through, I did rehang some laundry that hadn’t dried yet. There’s a breeze is light blowing from of the south, but it is strong enough to shoo away any gnats. I went over to the convenience store to get me and the cat Jim Slim and a fountain drink.

Lisa and I had just come back from seeing the grandyoungins. But they were far too busy in building a blanket fort to worry about us. I’d put up a picture, but my daughter would get mad for putting up another pic of her messy house. But just to hear them giggling and laughing was well worth the trip. After we left, we want to the local grocery store. Now mind you, I live in the country, 27 miles from the nearest Wal-Jacks. Yet this country store doesn’t have one bag of dry beans. I’ve had a hankering for some slow cooked baby Lima beans. Looks like my hankering for real food was crushed by a country store full of processed food. Talk about a food desert.

You know, life can be rather boring. Kitchen table issues don’t make for lots of likes or attention. We’d all rather see beautiful sunrises and beautiful lives. Well, those silly conversation I have with my father-in-law each Sunday, are a beautiful life. Don’t take for granted what your everyday life can teach you. About the dreams you have or maybe even lost. Right now, it’s raining hard again. The clothes are back off the line and that wishful dream of being in the sun. Well, it’s been put up for another boring day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Focus on Living

Old Baptist