Ashes to the Wind


It’s hard to dream of ambition or freedom, when shackles are chained to your feet. When freewill is given to others and peace of mind is dependent what someone else feels. It’s a Godforsaken duality when on one hand your praised as a saint, yet you feel inwardly selfish. 

Love, honor, and charity are not given consideration in a world of selfish intent. I often feel like I walk a tightrope between the world of the giving and a drunken dance of my own appetites. Is there such a thing as balance? I certainly don’t feel balanced. I’m not on a team, and I’m definitely not on my own. Yet I’m surrounded by others with agendas all their own. 

If you were to ask me, what the hell are you talking about? I don’t know if I could give you an answer. Because I have dreams of my own, yet I feel trapped in a perpetual loop of being in charge of another life. I guess I could pen this as just another story of guilt and entrapment. One I’m sure you’re tired of hearing. But it still gives me an ounce of relief knowing I’ve thrown these ashes to the wind. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Blowing Breeze

Focus on Living