Just when I think I'm Wrong

As you may remember, I'm in college in my Senior year. So you would think by now that I'd quit second guessing myself. You see during the week I had a fairly complicated question to answer in class. So I put down my answer and thought, "God, I hope no one reads this." Then as other classmates chimed in, I found that my answer was not bad as I first thought. In fact I was getting compliments from classmates on my analogy.

This is not the first time this has happened. But still I find myself amazed when I get something right. I wonder why that is? Is my view of myself still so low that I require confirmation that I have a brain? It almost takes me back to my younger years when teasing and bullying were a simple fact of my life. Still I thought I'd gained so much over the last four years. Funny now items from your past still end up biting you on the ass.

So I guess the thing I'll do is marvel at how complete strangers think I know what I'm doing. Then as I have been doing, I'll chip away at that rock of inferiority that stands in my way. It doesn't block my path like it once did, still I'd like to see this eyesore gone from my line of sight. Till then I'll take some pleasure in knowing that I'm not as stupid as some people close to me think I am.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living