Sometimes all it takes is a Friend

Every so often I wake-up either aching or burned-out. Not every morning, but some mornings. These are the days when I simple don't feel like being social or doing anything for anyone. Well after forcing myself to finish up some work I had to do. I lied back down put on my headphones, turned-off the phone, and just lied there. With the help of an ibuprofen I thought of nothing except listened to some Monk and clearing my head. 


After half an hour I decided to call a friend. I try not to call he/she at work anymore, but it had been a few weeks since we spoke, so I did anyway. During our conversion we spoke on various things mostly questions he/she had. The subject of my concern never really came up, which was fine. But after our chat I felt a little better and even got up to write this. 


I guess the point of my little post is this. Have yourself a support system. For way too many years I did not and that nearly ended me. We are a tribal creature, rather we admit it or not.   We are designed to socialize, if you believe in creation or evolution, either way that's how we are. So make time for others in your life, even Tom Hanks had Wilson. 


And when you find yourself on an island, maybe even one of your own making. Sometimes all it takes is friend to guide you home.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living