Lots of Potential

Over the last few days, I received a bit of a set-back with a major milestone coming up. I don't think it was anything that I did, just one of those things that life hands to you. After getting the news it did knock me back a bit. It took what was going to be a celebratory time and throwed some cold water on it.  

As I try to do, I vented to one of my small support team members. They replied quickly with some encouraging words of support. Which I already knew, but during my time of, "Woe, is me!", you just don't want to hear. Because right now all that's on my mind is, doesn't this happen every time something good is about to happen. Just like the time when we were getting ready to buy our dream home and a physical disaster nearly wipes me out. Or, like the time we were getting so close to completing a life long goal and the rug is yanked out from under us. 

People that know me say, you have a lot of potential. At times I feel that's going to be on my tombstone. Because that's as far as it's going to get. It seems for every goal I lay out that is so close to my gasp, the brass ring only moves a little farther away. I know, I know, I maybe "making a mountain out of this mole hill" here. But just once wouldn't you like to hear "you are a winner!", without any conditions? 

But then again would life be worth, it if it were all easy and smooth as glass? Isn't life just a little sweeter when you fight for every drop of it. Doesn't that iced tea in the summer taste a little better after seeing that lawn mowed or that garden weeded?  

OK, so I have potential. What now? Do I simple give up on it and settle for what scraps I can dig up, do you? Of, do I look at this situation as just another speed bump that lets me know I'm alive.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze