What Does Your Inside Voice Say?

Remember your mom or a teacher told you to use your inside voice? They more or less meant for you to quite down, that your being too loud. Well the inside voice I'm writing about is that down inside, that one that lives in your gut. 

Recently, I was enticed to go to auto dealer and trade in my vehicle for a newer one. Long story short, the longer I was there, the more my gut screamed, "Get Out While You Can!"  So, I did.

This is one example where my inside voice probably saved me a nickel. But you know, there are times when the voice inside may not help you. Sometimes that voice is insecurity and fear of rejection and it's those times when the voice is wrong. I think as we go through life the experiences we've learned (good & bad) shape those voices inside us. And, in some situations we end up with more bad voices than good.

But you may asks, how do you tell the good voices from the bad ones? Well, that sometimes takes experience and maybe even another outside voice. Having a good support system around you is the best voice you can have. These are the people that support you no matter what. And these are the ones that can tell you which inside voice to listen to. 

So as you make your journey to who you can be, just remember. Your inside voice is only as good as those voices standing next to you. Don't be alone, have a support system.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze