My Worth, the Conclusion

After looking at our bank account and counting up some change. My bride and I were figuring up what we have left for the rest of the month. We were looking to do OK this month until an unexpected bill or three and an unexpected trip to a job interview kinda wiped us out. So as we count our change, we now got an idea of how we'll do till the first.

This is nothing new for us, since my last job left the country and that joke of an unemployment check stopped more than a year ago, things get a little tight sometimes. But you know, I've moved way passed the anger I had felt at my job, the economy, and at myself. To a place where one day, one moment at a time, I work toward my family goals and look for better days. Crazy right?

You see, once your stripped and laid bare (figuratively, mind you) can see the only thing that's important is love and family. Because believe it or not, even if your buried in a gold casket. Your still no richer than the pauper buried in a plywood box. We're all equal in the end. 

Another thing you can learn is how little you can get by with, if you really have to. Now don't let me fool you into thinking I don't like stuff or that I have nothing. It's just that you get more out of what you have and don't spend your life collecting junk. Plus for me at least, the more time I live without, I find that money isn't the goal. Meaning for the most part, money pays the bills it doesn't make happiness or satisfaction.  

So as you watch your families open presents this holiday rather they have a lot or simply one or two. It's the love and thought you put behind them that matter most. And, I'll be here counting my blessings. First the fact I got one job interview this year. Plus, none of my family are sick. The peace in knowing wife still loves me. And, content I feel knowing I've lived to see my kids become young adults.

For me, this is what I am worth. Merry Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living