My Worth to You, Pt. 2

Well this is second part in my series about myself. Other than letting the four people that usually read this know about my work qualities. I'm using this medium to "practice" a little before I go on to real interviews. So bear with me as I once again give myself a lesson in self promotion.

Other than having a little talent at writing (which I was recently told is full of grammatical errors?), I like talking to people. I enjoy making conversation and that one-on-one interaction. Which is one of the reasons I felt I would be good at the profession of systems analysis. I've always liked visual puzzles.  Although, I most certainly enjoy it when things run smoothly, I've always seemed to have a knack for seeing irregularities when they occur.  

Also by being an active listener, I feel I have an understanding of what it is people are looking for in a solution. One of the things that has helped me to develop this is one, my training at sales and security. And two, from my time working in one-on-one situations where I had to come-up with answers on my own. 

Another area I want to address is my age and the questions this may bring up. Over the 30+ years I have been employed in various industries, I've relied on my experience in previous jobs to help me in later work. I see this as being no different, and although some may say, "but this is a whole new area to go into". I say, how? How is this different than going from store worker to purchasing agent, or from route salesperson to warehouse clerk?

One other area I think some may question is my abilities at going into this new field at a entry-level at my age. This question to me is frankly the dumbest. Why would I have a problem entering a new field at an entry-level? Though, I am very confident in my training and abilities, I also process enough "wisdom" to know how far those abilities can take me. Plus, when it comes to being under authority of someone younger? Well, let's say this isn't my first rodeo. 

So as I work to be noticed by the hiring managers and recruiters out their. All I ask is give me a listen to. I'm very flexible in what I want work at, be it full-time, part-time, or temp. All I know is my life experiences have given me a clear set of skills. All I want to do is put these skills to work for you. 

What I want to do at this point in my life is use all my abilities and leave the job knowing I was challenged and gave my best.  














    

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living