Whatever Happened To Being Humane

The idea of showing compassion towards one another is not a new concept. It also isn't a dead idea, although if you listen to news/opinion broadcast from all sides of the political spectrum you'd thing it was. I wasn't brought up in a perfect home by perfect parents. But one thing I did learn watching them was you work to become a better person everyday. For my parents this came from the religious ideals they embraced and passed on to us. 

The main ideals that were passed along to me was to have compassion for your fellow man, to treat others as you want to be treated, and to make a friend out of an enemy. I'm sure that most everyone reading this would agree with these ideals. Yet when looking at social media, listening to a podcast, or watching a news/opinion broadcast, everyone seems to be of the opinion that if your not with me, you're against me. 

I personally find this to be a dangerous way of thinking. Now I'm the last person to jump on the soapbox and tell others keep your opinions to yourself and sing "kumbaya". What I am saying is how much would it hurt for us to try and be a little more humane toward one another? 

Now I could sit here and write line after line about my opinion on the subject of being humane. But to be honest, hammering you over the head with my beliefs just isn't my style. You see, I have a dear late uncle that I learned more about compassion and spirituality from then nearly anyone besides my parents. Yet I can't recall ever seeing this man ever walk inside a church unless it was for a wedding or a funeral. 

My point is this uncle, my parents, and many others lead by example, which brings me to my point. Being humane isn't a talking game or a preaching game, or even a dictating rules game. It's a leading by example game. So for hard-headed heathens like myself, if you want us to come to your way of thinking or vice-visa. Live it, prove that never showing compassion or humanity to your fellow man is a better way.  
        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze