In Through The Out Door (and other rehashed titles)

This is my fourth or fifth attempt at writing a post since getting sick. It seems I can come up with a snappy title and a sentence or two and nothing else (which some may argue is all I do). Still in order to get the brain juices flowing, here's another attempt at putting down a coherent thought. 

A few weeks ago I was knocked down by something that frankly hit me out of left field. While I suffer a variety of ailments like diabetes, hypertension, fatness, OCD, anxiety/depression, panic disorder, and chronic smart ass. But my heart has never let me down until three weeks ago. Good news, I'M ALIVE!, Bad news, I got a long row-to-hoe to recovery. But with that being said I want to address an interesting side effect to all this, my attitude. 

I touched on the subject in a Facebook post earlier, but other than that I haven't done much creditable research in one's mindset after a heart attack. But for me personally while this crap has been going on, reaching it's peak with me riding to the hospital in an ambulance for a six day coronary vacation and heart catheterization. I felt then and still feel surprisingly stress free. Who knew my relief from stress would come in the form of a heart attack? 

Still for the weeks leading up to this situation I have been stressed too the max. With two of the most difficult courses I'd ever taken in my collegiate career. Still I'm proud to say that even after suffering a now confirmed heart attack I passed my last MBA class  and have graduated. 

You know if you think about it maybe that's it. The simple fact that despite all the obstacles standing in my way I still won. Maybe that's the lesson here? No, not that I nearly died to prove I'm a winner. But the idea that all you need to do is have faith in yourself and eventually dreams can come true.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze