They're Not All Gonna Be Homeruns

Sitting on the bench for the past number of weeks has opened my eyes up to a number of things. One being that no matter how focused you are, shit can come out of left field and slap you down. Also, no matter how proud you may be there will come a time when you'll need help going to the restroom, so get over yourself. Other than that, after a number of years of working, studying, and making connections to keep the business going. This being ordered to stop and take a break is killing me!

But after spending a week in the PCU at the hospital and finding out the hard way what a heart attack feels like. I've wisely been doing what my doctor wants me to do, no business and no stress. The first few days of this routine aren't too bad, the room service is okay. And not having to drive, shop, or rake the yard is kinda nice too. 

But no matter how lazy I may look or how much I may complain when I'm knee-deep working on a project. Usually it only takes me a day or so after I'm finished to get bored all over again. So imagine how I feel right now. But this isn't the point of this post. The point I wanted to make is in our day-to-day dealings in life. Not every action or plan we pursue is going to be a home run or even a line drive base hit.

I suppose my reason for even mentioning this is because of the fact that at the moment I'm stuck on the sidelines warming this bench. While the rest of the world flies by only paying me attention if I make a cute remark or observation online. But you know what, that's okay. Because even the best player on most teams only makes contact 290 times out of a 1000 and they are called a slugger. 

The simple point here is do what you can do. If you're in the line up use your talent as best you can. If you're sidelined, listen to those who are helping you to get better. Because no matter how indestructible you may think you are, you never know what's coming out of left field to take you down.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze