Just Another Penny

I've been sorta keeping to myself of late. Kinda felt like I'd run out of words to say and I've been feeling a little under the weather. Yesterday was the zenith of my "bad days" when I just didn't feel well all day. Last night in fact, I woke-up around 3 am (as usual) with a bit of a panic attack. I thought about getting up and trying to shake it off, but instead I simply talked to myself saying, "this too shall pass." After that little episode, I continued to wake-up every hour or so, but at least I could drift back to sleep. 

Surprisingly enough, I got up feeling a better than I have the whole weekend. To the point that I even got up, dressed, shaved, and headed to the hospital and have my bi-weekly blood work done. Without any of the usual residual effect left over from my past night's anxiety.  

Sometimes I just amaze myself, I honestly do. I mean after a bout with my usual demons it sometimes surprises me how well I can bounce back from the fight. Now it's not like I'm winning any lotteries or making millions hand over fist. But looking back at some of my many lows, it makes those small victories even more surprising and special. 

I suppose if I were to have to tie a bow to all I'm said here, it would be. Treat that penny you find on the street as a gift and not just another penny. Because every time life hands you a gift, no matter how small, be grateful you received a gift.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze