Over Your Shoulder

It's funny how at some point in your life you get used to looking over your shoulder for the next disaster. I suppose it has something to do with our shared panic of the times we live in or in my case, the Panic Disorder I’ve lived with for nearly 20 years. But when I think about it, I believe a majority of people around us feel the same way. 

My question here is, is our pessimism a good thing or should we work to be more optimistic. Well for years I've lived on both sides of the fence. Either living under the cloud of when the next shoe was going to drop or telling myself how important it is to be a winner.  

Honestly for me, neither one of these scenarios is a natural fit. When I'm looking over my shoulder, deep inside I still believe things can get better. Yet when I've worked in fields that require an aura optimism, I fail miserably. Do you see what I mean? 

I suppose it all boils down to the same theme I hammer on with nearly every post, which is balance. None of us are perfect and beating ourselves over the head to become that way only leads to disappointment. So I guess the best thing you or I can tell yourself is "take me as I am", and do your best to move forward in this life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze