Lessons in Poor Posture



I'm sitting here thinking about how bad my posture is when I sit in front of this computer. I mean first thing in the morning, it's not so bad; I can keep myself upright pretty well. But as the day progresses my back and shoulders start slouching to the will of gravity and my own laziness. It's kinda silly when you think about it; I mean I sat through all the safety classes on the value of good posture. You'd think I'd learned something instead of taking a paid nap and eating their donuts.

But that's the way it is with humans we learn best through trial and error. It seems no matter how many lectures I sat through with my parents, I didn't learn a damn thing until I screwed up. Life is a series of lessons learned, and most of the time the only way we learn is through mistakes. One of my major issues that brought about my panic and anxiety is the fact that I was ill equipped to handle rejection. I have such low self-esteem that the slightest tear at my fragile ego sent me into a tailspin of self-deprecation.

I don't claim to be a mental health professional, but I've sat through enough therapy sessions to know; expressing you true feelings is the best way to relieve yourself of the stress and pain. If you don't do anything but keep a journal for your eyes only; by letting out that raw emotion you may save your soul. While most southern, white, males like myself would never admit that talking is good therapy; why do so many of us love to sit around campfires, drink beer, and complain about life.

My point here is don't allow yourself to suffer alone. Try and take some of the lessons of life as just that, lessons. Try and not allow your own mind to tear you into a million pieces, that's what idiot bosses are for. As you read this I hope you take my experiences to heart and at least give them some thought; because right now my back's beginning to ache and it's time for me to lie down. So lessons are hard to learn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living