A Little Slack



FD Thornton 2016

I had planned on writing this morning, but the lighting was really good so instead I went to the local park and shot some images instead. Anyway last night was pretty good I slept through most of the night and got up feeling fairly good. I think the shock of my fellow countrymen electing a reality show star has passed and now it's time to refocus on my own work and truth telling.

It’s funny how events in your life shape the way you end up. For the longest time I felt that by finishing my education would better myself in life. Making for myself a better career, a better life, you know the routine. But as I studied and made connections towards that goal, I found myself still dealing with the same shit I always dealt like my poor self-image and self-loathing. It seemed that despite my best efforts I was defeating myself by not tackling to the real issue, which was my hatred of myself.

Self-sacrifice and selflessness are noble qualities, but when you use does qualities as excuses to hate who you are, you accomplish nothing. Now I'm not saying you need to become a narcissistic, man-child to be successful. What I am saying is you need to have an honest, fair, and balanced image of yourself. Listen, suffering from panic is no cake walk and anyone that wants to sell you an instead cure is selling you a bag of crap. To see the light at the end of this tunnel you got to take the long road, while being very patient with yourself.

Understand that you are EVER going to be perfect and that you WILL do stupid EVERY day. The thing is don't beat the hell out of yourself when you do. Accept your mistakes and take positive steps to correct them. Like I said I started out with one goal in mind, and since then those goals have changed. But you know what, that's okay because all this time I was learning. Not only to analyze and make sound business decisions, but to look at myself with a loving heart and cut myself a little slack for simply being human.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living