A Pitiful Sight



I tell you what, I am one pitiful sight. I'm lying on the bed, my legs crossed, a heating pad on my back, and a heated massager around my neck. Oh yeah, don't forget the ice-pack draped across my forehead. Although I slept through the night, I woke up feeling a bit rough. So I got up boiled some hot water, shaved, and took a bath. And even though I look and smell better, I'm still feeling a bit under the weather.

After working on a project for as long as I could sitting in front of the computer, I decided to take my work over to the bed, which is why I look the way I do. I'm sure to some including my daughter think of this as the lazy way of getting things done. But when you back ache’s when you sit and when you walk you have to use a cane just to keep from falling over; at least I'm putting in the effort to still try and get something done.

Considering the number of problems I face, I've had a number of professionals ask, “Why you just put in for disability?” Well for one I still don't qualify, second I've been lucky enough so far to have been able to come up with ways to overcome the obstacles in front of me. Now don't take this as a slight against individuals who are boxed into a corner they can’t get out, I’m just thankfully the good Lord given me areas of strength to overcome my areas of weakness. It’s either that or maybe I am just as bat shit crazy as some of you think. 

My point is, don't give up on your life. My wife in the next room is a perfect example of not giving up. Even though she has disabilities; which are obvious once you get to know her. This defective person raised four helpless babies that went on to become strong, smart, independent hard-headed adults? It sure as hell wasn't just me that did it, and it sure as hell wasn't just them.

The methods she used may have not been perfect, but I think the end result turned out pretty damn good. The thing you should take from this is life is messy, but with enough love and effort most all of us will do a pretty decent job of getting it right. If nothing else the last 30 years have taught me, smart doesn't always win, but love does every time. So make the effort to love and to live.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze