Labeled to Be?


Let’s forgo any of the usual foreplay. I was awakened by a savage dream. One rooted in the past, reminding me of one of my many inadequacies. Awaken by my chest pounding, feeling many of the feelings the actual event brought on. I suppose I could get into more detail, but what would be the point. We’ve all lived through similar moments.

Regaining my composure, I slip back into my role as the stoic one, the logical one with ease. I suppose it’s only human nature to be this way. The hierarchical nature of tribe caste us to our roles. Moving us up, moving us down, but never changing who we are labeled to be.

Life turns ever so slightly, through education and deeper thought. But seldom does the pendulum sway others opinion. That my friend requires a total reevaluation of the whole damn system. Yes, we are the sum of your parts. It is ingenuity and evolution, that has long given us the tools to be better. And while the past can often lay waste to our dreams. That does not mean we lay there and accept the crumbs handed to us by our so-called peers. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Focus on Living

From Myself