So Little Remains


It’s all quiet within, I feel no stress other than fatigue. A wary traveler seeking solace where ever I can. Putting life back into the economy of a devastated industry. I watch as the waves pull away, while children scream and slash with joy.

Seagulls circle for a handout, as a precious few brave the cloudless sky. With phone in hand, I click away at moments that will never happen again. For me photography is meditative, a sort of ritual, were I breathe in and click.

I look for no particular scene, just whatever appears in front of me. I take each step mindfully hearing the crackle of tiny shells underneath my feet. I catch reflections from small tidal pools. I see ripples in sand like dry waves of the ocean.

How else can I explain my draw to this place. Is it it’s connection to my youth, the quiet beaches, the twisted oaks, or the Spanish moss. Or is it the memories of a distant pass, when nothing really mattered. And so little remains.  

#poetry 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Focus on Living

Old Baptist