Long Past


I know you got to be tired of hearing me talk about the same shit all the time. The sleepless nights, the endless bouts with depression, not to mention my never-ending physical issues. I honestly wish I had something more interesting to talk about. Like maybe an exotic vacation or a fabulous night on the town. But hey, all that ended for me long before the internet and social media even started.

Lost somewhere in a faded memory, there were days when life was just boundless energy. When friends would gather on the weekend to ride Clyde, Jr. down the highways to play gigs and believing we were making a difference. Moments when life had a greater purpose than just the nine to five. Where friends were family and dreams were more than empty calories from a store-bought birthday cake.

Maybe my mind is just romanticizing moments from long ago. Maybe I’m just wishing for things that were never really to come true. But they are my moments and they are my dreams. Our lives are based on foundations laid a long time ago. And while we live in the present moment, the past is still there. My point is some of these dreams were real and those dreams can be our reality. Take a moment and look at yourself, ask yourself the tough question, is this who I want to be? Don’t be afraid to embrace who you are. It’s long past time to embrace your truth and be what you want to be.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Blowing Breeze

Focus on Living