Drive

Ever since my last post I've had this thought on my mind about drive. Over the last week or so I've drafted a number of post about how it motivates us and moves us to do better. But for whatever reason, I haven't been happy either what I've wrote or what I really wanted to say about it. So, here I am again with a good title and nothing else. 

When thinking about this this morning, a line from one of my favorite songs off one of my favorite albums comes to mind. "Ambition bits to nails of success..." if you recall, that's part of a line from U2's song, The Fly, from the album Achtung Baby.  I asked myself why that one line keeps popping up in my head so much. 


I decided to looked the word ambition and Dictionary.com gave it's definition as "an earnest desire for some type of achievement or distinction...". So then I put that into context with "bits the nails of success...". So for me it says, "achievement it never satisfied". In other words, although I've made one goal, another goal sits just beyond the rise. Then it hit me, as I achieved a the goals I've set for myself, that isn't enough, I've got other goals to reach. 

So maybe that's where this post is heading. I'm telling myself and maybe some of you, goals are not stop signs, they are actually mileposts on our journey. Wow! I don't know about you, but that sounded pretty good. Someone needs to put that on a poster, if they already hadn't. 

So where do we go from here? I guess what it is I'm trying to say is, don't worry after you meet a goal and you still feel unsatisfied. Maybe it's OK. Maybe it's your heart telling you to keep going, keep growing, keep learning. 

So I guess I should get moving, I got too many mile markers left to go. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living