I Wanta' Thank-You

First I gonna say, it's funny how when looking at this blank screen, that something profound is going to come out of my head. I have to learn that not everything I say or think is quotable or needs to be persevered. Sometimes you just gotta write.

That said, as usual I cannot sleep it's 4:00 am and I need to write. Last night I thought about now that I've received my diploma, I should write a note of thank-you to all those that helped me along the way. You know, while we watch award shows we see those individuals stand there. And, even though it's them being rewarded for their work. Most all the time they take that moment in the limelight and thank others who helped, loved, and supported them. Well, here's sits my diploma and these are the people I'd like to thank.

First and foremost my wife and kids, who have given me unwavering support for these four years. Who learned to knock "gently" on the door when it was closed. Even my wife knocks because she knows I'm studying. Never an ill or doubtful word has come from her mouth in four years about me finishing school. Even my teen and beyond kids simply gave me "eye rolls" when I spoke of school. (It should be noted that three of my four kids have or are attending college.) 

Secondly, I'd like to thank the staff and facility of the University of Phoenix - Online. Despite all you hear about it being a "diploma mill" and a "for-profit" establishment. I attended traditional schools,  as far as I could see they ALL took my money. Meaning, aren't they all for profit? Are you telling me those campus buildings and new stadiums built themselves?

I have nothing against traditional schools, they are most definitely for those who can go. But UoP has helped establish an alternative to the traditional school. That from what I see even traditional schools are copying. So thank you UoP for helping me to learn, not to give up, but to hang on and complete the dream. 

Finally, I like to thank myself. Oh, I know, no man's an island. But in the scheme of things, it was I that had the desire to finish what I had started 32 years ago. It's like saying my college career is a building. The foundation, nails, and mortar, are those that helped me. But the building itself is me, don't you see? 

So as you grow and improve yourself's, never forget those who helped along the way. No one does everything alone, there are many in the shadows that helped along the way. So don't forget to thank them and yourself. Without all them, we are not complete. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living