I'm a Loser

I was going through my emails this morning and came across a message from a recruiter I spoke with last week. It didn't take long to realize it was another "Dear, John" letter from another company, informing me they were pursuing another candidate. 

After reading that very nice encouraging rejection the first thing to come to my mind was the music of the Beatles, "I'm a loser". Ironically, this song from them come off the album "Beatles for Sale" which for me lends itself well to my current situation. 

Rather we admit it or not, every rejection is personal. For me it's no different than when I asked someone on a date and got that wonderful rejection, I got most of the time. But, I've learned not to take things so badly, at least after the first shock. And rather it's for my own ego or a fact (I'll never tell) I say, "Oh well, that means someone else gets me, too bad". 

My point here is, rejection and having those feelings is OK. It's gonna make you mad, hurt, and even depressed, why wouldn't it? But, it's how you dust yourself off that makes the difference. I know, I know this is starting to sound like a really cheap greeting card, but think about it this way.  

I love music and as a kid I wanted to learn to play the guitar. Well, I had an sit down and fail for a while before I learned to play. And talk about obstetrical's, think about this, I'm left-handed and still taught myself to play right-handed. 

So when your filling out applications, writing cover letters, doing interviews, and taking rejections; think about them the same way, as practice. Where as you strum, you get better and better, with each finger you blister.      













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living