Nothing

Maybe this isn't good for production, but sometimes life is about nothing. No agenda, no schedule, no meeting to be attended, just nothing. To some in this work, work, work world, where even play becomes work, this may sound crazy. Still believe it or not nothing has value. 

Now this may sound like an easy statement to make coming from someone who isn't employed full-time. But when I did work full-time and attend school full-time, this way of thinking had even more value to me. You see, when I speak of nothing I mean during the day take a moment to pause. Let your mind empty itself and do nothing. 

This may sound all Zen Buddhist of me, but even in Christian terms pausing for a moment to allow Spirit to speak is what I'm telling you, if you will. Calming down the "noise" that surrounds us is the only clear way to know if we're heading in the right direction. I myself have noticed that lately I'm allowing the noise to dictate my direction. So for the last few days I'm taking in nothing. 

This doesn't mean I'm sitting cross-leg on a yoga mat humming at the moon or the stars (like I could ever cross my legs). It means I'm trying to listen. I found out a long time ago that sometimes simply standing in the moment can give you clarity. 

So as you fret about next week's report, or the end-of-the-year sales figures, or even where tonight's dinner is coming from remember. Breath, find a place to be in the moment, and do nothing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living