So Here We Go

To tell you the truth, I shouldn't write these things when I have a headache. But, I'm here in my little office bored and not a lot left to do, so here we go. I just come off a pretty hard Monday night of work. The team I worked with had a report due and it was looking more and more like the deadline was not going to get made. 

You see, one of the team members was having every problem under the sun. First it was bad weather, than poor Internet a connection, then the electricity goes out. You get the picture. The real problem was they never told us about any of this until the report had already been written and sent away. An hour before they decided to let us know. 

Now you may say, "ah! give them the benefit of the doubt, after all look at the situation." You know, I'd totally agree, if this wasn't their excuse two weeks in a row. I would have given more consideration to, "my dog ate my report", then the same excuse two weeks in a row. 

I like watching team sports baseball, football (American), even college basketball (sorry, NBA). Just watching a group, who maybe less talented, go out there and give their all, is a sight to behold. You know at work, teams are the same way. Some might be good researchers, other good at presentations. But when you put them together they make a team. Man, I tell you. 

But, every now and then you have that one or two that only wear the uniform. Those are the one's I can't figure out. Why are you here? Is it by choice? Were you forced to join? I just don't know. It seems no matter where you work or what you may do, you work with a team. Rather it's a Fortune 500 or the Taco Shack across the street, we are all on a team. 

So why show up just to warm a bench, if you show up at all. Is it for the credit or the money for little to no work? Do you have any pride in yourself? Or is your attitude just take what you can? I really hate hating on people like this, but some things simply rub me the wrong way. It would bother me to no end knowing that I didn't do my part. And, even if I had the excuse of no power, no Internet, etc... Today there are way too many Mc D's out there with Wi-Fi, not to let someone know. 

I don't know. In today's stacks of resumes, there are way too many people needing work to get too lazy or complacent. There are too many hungry grads out there who are smarter, stronger, and faster. So if I can say anything too you, here we go. No one is un-replaceable. With things as tough as they are, the days of riding on coattails is long gone.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze