Where I stand

Over the finite number of years I've spend on earth I have put on a lot of hats. I've been a son, brother, friend, boyfriend, husband, and a dad. I have done a lot of things in my life I worked in stores, sold electrical supplies, worked as a printer, bricklayer, cabinet maker, I paved roads, worked on trains, ran a warehouse, was a security guard, prison guard, and a dish washer. 

My life has taken me up to Chicago, down to New Orleans, across the Gulf Coast, through Florida, over the Blue Ridge Mountains, into South Carolina, and along the barrier islands of Georgia. In nearly all those places I got to either see the sunrise or sunset. 

And while I still dream to do more and see more things. I can say life has been good. If for nothing else but the fact my wife and I have four healthy, good kids. So while I feel my journey is nowhere near complete, I can still say I did good. 

I guess the point to this is don't be satisfied if your not satisfied with where you are. I realize I've done a lot of different things going from job to job, sometimes changing one or two out of boredom, but mostly I took them out of need. Just surviving isn't a journey, it's a burden. A burden way too many of us have to take. I'm tried of the burden, I want to live a journey again.

I want to do something that I can't wait to get up and do. I'm ready to show all what I can do. Just a small handful of people have seen that potential. One young fellow even mentioned how amazed he was by me. His words took me back just a bit, mainly because I still see myself through a glass darkly. Meaning, my own self image has work to do and that the work within me isn't complete. 

So while each of us walks a road we either stumbled upon or built ourselves. You don't have to settle for the path you are now on, you can change paths. But remember, when you do take a new path, you should test the path to see if it takes you where you want to go. But, don't worry if you make a wrong turn, because life has a way of correcting those turns.

Follow your dreams.          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze