When Your Day Get's Away

Have you every gotten up and started your day like "gang busters"? You know, everything's running on all cylinders and you feel like it's going to be one productive day. Well that's how today started for me. I had a good nights sleep, the morning air don't feel like it weighed sixty pounds, and my morning coffee was just right. The trouble started after I went through my emails. I got an email about a job opening, I read it, it looked good, I did some research on the business, and even wrote a cover letter.

The trouble began when I decided to post my resume, and cover letter, and fill out the application. It seem that every time I attempted to sign in the site it looped me back to the sign in section again and again. This went on for 30 minutes, until I just gave up. But you know, that wasn't going to let this ruin my day. I'll simply put it on the back burner for now. 

On my next project I had a limited amount of time, because I had something to take care of in a few hours. I had some video tutorials to watch for school on do some quizzes. What ended up happening was while attempting to watch the videos my phone rang 5 times. My daughter comes in to complain about something, and I under estimated the subject matter of the videos. So needless to say, my day got away from me right there, pushing everything behind. 

To be honest, I don't know a good way to correct this problem. One of my short comings among many is having to have everything just right to get "the ball rolling". So when things start to break down, I usually end up walking away for a while and beginning again. But realize my walk away may be a few minutes or it can be a few months. It just depends on the subject and my need to finish it. 

So I guess my only pearl of wisdom for this situation (and I know, everybody has'em) is to breathe deeply, step away from the keyboard, take a walk about, and try again. It may not sound like much, but it could save a job, or save a grade, or save your sanity, or even save a life, usually your own.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living