Wherever I'm Heading

Over the last few post, I've more or less talked about focus and the present moment and how I'm trying to figure them out in my life and work. Well, at this point I'm refocusing on looking for other work besides the light weight efforts my little business is presenting me. I believe I'm ready to accept a greater challenge of my abilities. And as much as I hate to say it, I'm pretty sure it will involve a move by me and my family to find that challenge. 

All my life I've been pretty bored with whatever position I've worked, rather does positions were of great or small responsibility. It's not that I hate to work, it's more that I love a real challenge mentally from my work. That to me was the purpose to my completing school then continuing with my MBA. To feed that need to challenge and better myself. 

I guess the goal now is to find the right fit between me and a business that can fully utilize my unique set of skills and experiences. But from my searching so far, I get the feeling that businesses are looking at my resume and somehow finding it lacking. And, this has me wondering if I have to abandon tradition and create a resume that goes beyond the facts and figures and really shows who I am. 

My reasoning for thinking this is, over and over the people I meet and work with at school or beyond don't understand why I not with a major corporation or why someone hasn't hired me for their business. While I'm uncomfortable talking about how special I am, many I've worked with express how I empress them with my work ethic, dedication, and motivation. I'm sure to a point, they want to be nice to me. But nearly everyone I come into contact with and get to know feels that way. So why doesn't that translate into job offers or at least call backs? 

I have some ideas myself why they may they feel as they do. Some may think I'm still untested or that I'm too damn old? These and others roadblocks are valid reasons. I guess my response would be, what other barriers those your business put up? What other cautionary mandates impede your growing and developing talent and ideas? To me it's that type of limited thinking that can hold a business back. After all, sometimes risk is rewarded, and while hedging against risk maybe wise. So to is looking beyond what you can see and trusting what you can feel. 

Any old way, while I consider the few offers I get. I'll keep in mind maybe stirring the pot a little, just to see what I can cook up. Resume and job search wise 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living