It's the Journey

You know I try to treat everyone like I want to be treated. With my family I try to give as much as I can, hoping that my example will be pasted on. With my friends I have tried to be there for them. Even with this blog, I want to give others examples of myself that can hopefully help them. 

Still, every so often I wonder if karma is simply biting me in the ass. Then every so often I start to think, maybe no good deed doesn't go unpunished after all. But all in all, I remind myself no matter how bad or unfair I feel life deals with me. There's always someone else who's got it worst. Does that make me feel better about my situation, no not really. But it does give me hope that things will be better at some point. 

  So here I am. I struggle, I fight, and work for a better day. Still every so often that voice creeps into my head that says, all this is coming to nothing. And, all the work you are putting in will never mean a damn thing. You know, in those moments are the times when you are your loneliest. Those are the moments where fear pours like a spring and poisons your mind and soul. 

So do you just meditate or pray it away? Doing those things may find some peace, but if your mind continues to see no relief, where do you go then? 

I think the main thing you have to do is not be alone, you should share your disappointments with someone. Then you have to release yourself from the guilt that you may carry. Remember, it's not your fault. Still guilt doesn't care, you have to forgive yourself and understand that every situation isn't in your control. 

So if your like me and blame yourself for every situation that happens. Work to find peace within yourself and learn that not all the bad you find is punishment for past sins. Sometimes bad just happens, and while your in that place, work nobly to bring yourself out. Because it's the journey not the destination, that measures who we are.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze