It's So Easy

With this new business venture I've been working with, twice a week they have training calls. One is held Monday morning and another on Thursday evening. To be honest my schedule has been a bit unpredictable so I have missed a few live calls. But Harvard records the calls and uploads them rather quickly to the associate website so you listen at anytime.  

I mention this because my focus today is on the statement "it's so easy". Since HRMC puts these training calls online, it makes it so easy not to miss them. But my real focus isn't the successful stuff as much as how we as individuals make it so easy for ourselves to fail. Much like my preacher father-in-law would say, "I may have one finger pointing at you, but there's four pointing back at me." I cannot tell you the right way without preaching at myself. 

Too many times in our lives we've talked a good game. But when it comes to putting our boots on the ground we fail. Now I'm not talking about the one that did the leg work and made the calls. I'm talking about those of us whom had a great idea, but put little action forth. It is us that allow ourselves to so easily fail. 

During the summer months I do love a good Atlanta Braves game on the radio or TV. But I've been a fan long enough to recall the bad years. Some of you might say, "you mean last night's game?" No I mean all those years ago when the Brave were perpetual cellar dwellers. 
For us even through the better years, we've learned to appreciate the game for what it is, which is giving it your best. 

When you do that within your own business, even misses can become hits down the road. But you'll never learn that if you don't make an opportunity out of now. While I can play well with others, I enjoy the freedom of being my own boss. The work I currently do with Harvard gives me the freedom to do that. But with the freedom of setting my own course I am also responsible for my own failures. 

The thing to keep in mind is, while it's so easy to win with a good company and product at your back. It's also easy to fail, if don't put in the hard work. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze