Still Optimistic, After all these Years

Well, the holidays are over and the reality that is each of daily lives comes back to roost. It is about this time of the year when each of us settles into our winter routines. We sorta' become numb to the excitement we had felt during the holidays. And, thinking about spring now seems to be a distant idea. Still you know, despite all this I'm still an optimistic about what's ahead.

I don't know what it is that makes me this way. I mean, I have friends and family that can attest to the fact that me and my family have gone through some pretty rough patches these past few years. But deep inside there is still a ground swell of positive energy that drives me to believe better things are coming. 

One of the things that puzzles me about believing this way is the background I come from. In the environment I was raised it is believed the world will only get worse and that our only escape is to abandon it. That no matter our efforts things will never change, so way bother. To those with this mindset, what a cowards way out.

I don't know about any of you reading this, but I feel if you don't work to make things better. Than you deserve your fate. Too many times I've seen individuals live lives of lonely routine, never working to improve the situation. Only dreaming of the pie in the sky to save them. While you can gather strength from power beyond this life, it is up to us to commit action to fulfill those dreams. 

While some of my words may seem to be harsh, their intent is to teach. Settling and becoming complacent isn't a place to aim for in life. Our goal should be to leave this life better than how we found it. To allow our children to make their own decisions and to follow their own paths. As for me, who knows what the next day will bring. All I know is, if I stay my course to better myself and remain open. The world will look brighter everyday.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze