Sometimes It's Just Gonna Rain

Over the past few weeks while on Christmas break, instead of enjoying this time out of class; I've been looking out the window building a hard case of cabin fever. As I have mentioned on earlier post, it has rained and rained and rained the past few weeks. And, as much as I want to see some sunshine, sometimes it's just gonna rain. 

When I look at my everyday life sometimes the rain falls. No matter how much I want to wish that rain away, it's there pouring down the eaves of my home. While I can sit here and let the rain and gloom take me over, I discovered something. That while I may not be able to stop the rain, I can learn to live through it. Knowing that at some point the rain will stop and sunshine will once again pour through. 

By embracing this concept I am learning to let go of the things I cannot control. So that part of me where the storm rages, can itself learn. That bad doesn't always remain and that light can shine again if I keep the faith. 

So today in our run around and around world, if you are feeling the rain, sleet, ice, or snow, remember. That rains gonna fall with or without our permission. But the minute that we accept that fact and realize it won't last forever. Then we can learn to deal with the situation and wait gladly for the sun.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze