Only the Negative



I could have written this around 2:30 last night, but the better Angels had me stick to tweeting and trying to rest. Yesterday I went outside to find the front tire on my truck flat. Given that I'm not very good at getting up off the ground anymore I've been waiting on one of my much healthier children to show up and put the spare on so I can get the tire fixed. But at this point it's looking more and more like I'll be changing the tire.


Now a number of years ago, that wouldn't have been a problem. But in the messed up shape I'm in from all those years of doing everything myself, it's now a nearly impossible task. Putting this situation into context, I think you can figure out I’m pretty much stressing out. I'm sure most of you remember a point in your life where things like this didn't bother you like they do today. But having a wife that required extra attention and raising four kids, while I wouldn't trade my family for nothing; it took a real troll on me both physically and mentally. 

I do not want this to sound like some pity-party piece for myself I just want to be real with you. I suppose in some situations "suck it up buttercup" is the best advice you can give yourself. But a word of caution, know your limits. As we work to drag through this life remember to do your best to enjoy the things you can. Like a pleasant sunrise or the sound of birds dancing around the birdfeeder. The thing is find something positive that gives you joy. Because focusing only on the negative won't do anything but rob you of the peace we all need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze