Appreciate Good Days



This is a note I wrote to some friends of mine across the pond. I thought they wouldn’t mind if I shared it with everyone. FDT

Good morning. I don’t know about across the pond, but here in the Southern US it’s full-on springtime. Every morning my truck is covered in pollen from the blooming trees. So today I am crying tears of allergic pain, asking myself “spring why do you torture so.”

 As you may be able to tell I’m still riding on my little vacation high. My body is suffering, but my mind and heart are reflective and doing well. I have noticed I have been getting a bit lazy with my writing. Usually I put together a few pieces a day like a little assembly line. But since coming back from the coast, my work has been less productive.

 I think it’s due to my focusing more on my photography since the trip and the fact that there’s now more color to shoot. The nice thing is despite my wonderful allergies I have been venturing at more, which is never a bad thing. It’s nice to be able to pursue my passions of writing and nature photography instead of having to sit in a cube and push paper all day. It doesn’t pay as well, but the satisfaction level is off the chart.

 I think I’ll end our conversation with this thought. Not every day for us that suffer from panic or allergies for that matter, end up like we want. But if you do learn to focus and appreciate the good days, the bad ones seem less intense. Live in the moment and not in the “what if’s”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze